SBS-H2-DoD: Hydrogen Gas Detector
Hydrogen Sensor and Monitoring System
The SBS-H2-DoD Hydrogen detection system is designed to meet UFC 3-520-05 requirements.
The system comes complete with the main control, a highly accurate hydrogen gas sensor and a 25 ft. cable. This unit can be powered with AC and/or DC power and can be mounted directly to a wall or to an electrical box, making it extremely versatile and very user-friendly.
The SBS-H2-DoD includes relays for remote connection to alarm/monitoring systems and for control of external relays for an exhaust fan.
Learn about the Hazards of unmonitored hydrogen in battery installations
- Protects life, property and company profits
- Ideal for remote locations
- Fail safe mode in event of loss of power
- Up to three (3) sensors can be installed to main control to meet space coverage requirements
- Universal power inputs: 110/220 Vac and/or 12–48 Vdc input
- Strobe light for visual alerts
- Sensor status indicator LEDs on the main control
- Modular design for optimal placement of sensor(s)
- NRTL/C Certified: UL Std. No 61010-1 & CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1-12
- UFC 3-520-05, January 2020
- Wall or 2-gang junction box mountable
- Mechanical relays are easily accessible:
- Warning 0.5 % relay, 15 A @ 120 Vac; 10 A @ 277 Vac; 10 A @ 28 Vdc
- Alarm 1% relay, 0.5 A resistive @ 28 Vdc, 0.5 A @ 125 Vac
- Redundant power supply capability; dual AC and/or DC power supply connections (DC power supply will operate as backup power source)
- Indicator LEDs can be tested by pushing the red “TEST” button
- Sensors can be tested in the field with the P/N H2-TESTKIT
Detector can operate exhaust fans and building alarms / SCADA systems:
Warning Settings: Should the concentration of hydrogen gas in the air surrounding the sensor reach 0.5% by volume, the “0.5% Warning” yellow LED will light up on the main control of the unit. In addition, the 0.5% internal relay will energize and can be used to activate an external exhaust fan or a building management/alarm system (via SCADA Modbus).
Alarm Settings: Should the hydrogen gas concentration reach 1% by volume, the “1% Alarm” red LED will light up, the strobe will flash and an audible alarm will sound. In addition, the 1% internal relay will energize and can be used to activate a building management/alarm system (via SCADA/Modbus).
- Main unit
- Hydrogen sensor
- 25 ft. cable
|Power Supply(s)||110/220 Vac, 50/60 Hz and/or
12–48 Vdc (9–58 Vdc operating voltage)
|0.5% Hydrogen||Dry contacts rated 10A/250 Vac|
|1% Hydrogen||Dry contacts rated .5A/28 Vdc|
|Dimensions||4.7" L x 4.7" W x 1.2" D (main control)|
Sample Hydrogen Scenarios of Hydrogen Detector Placement
The SBS-H2-DoD includes relays for remote connection to alarm/monitoring systems and for control of external relays or an exhaust fan.
Parts & Accessories
wall or to an electrical box, making it extremely versatile and user-friendly.
Additional mounting options in data sheet.
|H2-SENSOR-25FT||Additional hydrogen sensor with 25 ft. cable|
|H2-SENSOR-50FT||Additional hydrogen sensor with 50 ft. cable|
|H2-SENSOR-100FT||Additional hydrogen sensor with 100 ft. cable|
|H2-TESTKIT-DoD||Test kit (includes 1% and 2% hydrogen, regulator, tubing and case) Note: cannot ship via air freight|
|H2-JB||4 11/16" x 4 11/16" 2-gang junction box|
|E190399||AC Cord 110 V, 10 A, 10 ft. with plug|