SBS-C3H8: Propane Gas Detector
Propane Sensor and Monitoring System
The SBS-C3H8 Propane Gas Detector is a propane gas detection system with visual and audible alarms and 25%LEL and 50%LEL propane relays.
The system comes complete with the main control, a highly accurate propane gas sensor and a 25 ft. cable. This unit can be powered with AC and/or DC power and can be mounted directly to a wall or to an electrical box, making it extremely versatile and very user-friendly.
The SBS-C3H8 includes relays for remote connection to alarm/monitoring systems and for control of external relays or an exhaust fan.
- Protects life, property and company profits
- Ideal for remote locations
- Fail safe mode in event of loss of power
- Up to three (3) sensors can be installed to main control to meet space coverage requirements
- Universal power inputs: 110/220 Vac and/or 12–48 Vdc input
- Strobe light for visual alerts
- Sensor status indicator LEDs on the main control
- Modular design for optimal placement of sensor(s)
- Wall or 2-gang junction box mountable
- Mechanical relays are easily accessible:
- Warning 25% relay, 15 A @ 120 Vac; 10 A @ 277 Vac; 10 A @ 28 Vdc
- Alarm 50% relay, 0.5 A resistive @ 28 Vdc, 0.5 A @ 125 Vac
- Redundant power supply capability; dual AC and/or DC power supply connections (DC power supply will operate as backup power source)
- Indicator LEDs can be tested by pushing the red “TEST” button
- Sensors can be tested in the field with the P/N C3H8-TESTKIT
Detector can operate exhaust fans and building alarms / SCADA systems:
Warning Settings: Should the concentration of propane gas in the air surrounding the sensor reach 25%LEL by volume, the “25%LEL Warning” yellow LED will light up on the main control of the unit. In addition, the 25%LEL internal relay will energize and can be used to activate an external exhaust fan.
Alarm Settings: Should the propane gas concentration reach 50%LEL by volume, the “50% Alarm” red LED will light up, the strobe will flash and an audible alarm will sound. In addition, the 50%LEL internal relay will energize and can be used to activate a building management/alarm system (via SCADA/Modbus).
- Main unit
- Propane sensor
- 25 ft. cable
|Power Supply(s)||110/220 Vac, 50/60 Hz and/or
12–48 Vdc (9–58 Vdc operating voltage)
|50% LEL (Lower Explosive Limit)||Dry contacts rated 0.5A/28 Vdc|
|Dimensions||4.7" L x 4.7" W x 1.2" D (main control)|