Hydrogen Sensor and Monitoring System
Lead-acid storage batteries emit hydrogen gas while discharging and recharging. Hydrogen concentrations of 4% to 75% by volume in air are potentially explosive. The SBS hydrogen gas detector is designed to allow dissipation and give warning before any concentration reaches the lower explosive limit (LEL) of 4%. This unit is very easy to install and very cost effective.
This device can be used to meet the minimum requirements for your battery room to be in compliance with IEEE Std 484-2002, National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) Article 64 & Uniform Building Code (UBC) Sect 6400. Failure to monitor hydrogen gas production & alarm when certain thresholds are reached can void your insurance policy & exposes your company to severe risk should any injury result from a non-passive hydrogen gassing event.
The SBS-H2 Hydrogen Detector is a complete hydrogen monitoring system with visual and audible alarms. The system comes complete with the main display, a highly accurate hydrogen gas sensor and a 25 ft cable. This unit can be powered with either AC or DC power and can be mounted directly to a wall or to an electrical box making it extremely versatile and very user friendly.
The SBS-H2 includes relays for remote connection to alarm/monitoring systems and for control of external relays or an exhaust fan.
Warning Settings: When 1% hydrogen is present in the air the yellow warning light will come on and the Warning relay contact will close allowing power to peripherals, such as a vent fan or other devices.
Alarm Settings: When at least 2% hydrogen is present in the air the red warning light will come on and an audible alarm activates. In addition, a second alarm relay contact will close which can be used to shut down the system, and initiate a building alarm system or other devices.
- Battery rooms
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Battery cabinet systems
- Battery charging areas
- Hydrogen fueled back-up power systems
- Universal power inputs - can be hard-wired to operate on 110/220 Vac or 12-48 Vdc input, or can be plugged into standard 120 Vac receptacle (AC cord not included)
- Mechanical relays are easily accessible:
- Max Switching voltage 28 Vdc, 277 Vac
- Rated Current 10A @ 277 Vac, 15A @ 125 Vac
- Push button diagnostic test
- Hydrogen sensor is UL Class 1 Division 2, ATEX, and CE certified for hazardous locations
- Sensor has a temperature rating of -4° F to 176° F
- Can operate in a wide range of temperatures and humidity - great for remote locations
- Audible alarm
- Protects life, property and company profits