Ametek SCR: PowerStar
The PowerStar sets the industry standard for accuracy, efficiency, flexibility and reliability. Designed to recharge any 100% discharged lead-acid battery in its ampere-hour rating within 8 hours, the PowerStar is engineered to provide the maximum charging performance. Also available in 60% and 80% rated models.
The charger uses SCR power conversion circuitry, which is virtually maintenance-free, to provide years of dependable service. With the PowerStar, the battery determines its own charge cycle rate with its state of discharge. The PowerStar provides a constant current-constant voltage-constant current (I-E-I) charge curve to eliminate the possibility of overcharge, even with line voltage variations, and it completes the charge at the proper current regardless of battery age or specific gravity.
- Interchangeable controls with either the SCR1000 or SCR2000
- Fail-safe design protects batteries
- 100% rated to recharge fully discharged batteries in 8 hours or less
- Adapts to all battery types with user-selectable charge curve options
- Data-Mate and CDAC compatible
- cUL listed