Very Low Maintenance
Nickel cadmium cells with pocket type plate electrodes have been successfully used for many decades. These new, specially-designed batteries require watering only once in their lifetime. They recharge quickly even in high temperature environments.
The active materials are encapsulated between folded steel strips, which are perforated on both sides, thereby increasing the effective surface area and making the battery more efficient. These batteries employ a special separator that allows gases generated during charging to recombine inside the cell, minimizing water loss. This enables the batteries to exceed the internal gas recombination requirements outlined in IEC 62259 standards.
VentPro batteries offer the superior service life, temperature tolerance and discharge profiles associated with NiCd cells while requiring minimal maintenance.
- Long float life: 25 years
- High cycle life: 2000 cycles @ 20% DOD
- Reliable and predictable performance
- Operating temp.: -4° to 131° F (Storage: -22° to 113° F)
- Low maintenance
- Minimal gassing
- Very resistant to electrical and mechanical abuse
- No sudden failure due to internal corrosion
- Good performance at low temperatures
- Float voltage range: 1.43 V/cell
- Max. equalize voltage: 1.45 V/cell
- Current limit: 10% of C5 (C5 = 5 hr. Ah Rate)
|Pocket Plate Cell Series
||Capacity Range (Ah)
|Low Rate - Long Duration
||Thick plates to provide a large capacity reserve for a long duration
||3 hr. or more
||Oil & gas, railway signaling, telecom, power plants, emergency lighting, photovoltaic, fire alarms
||Optimized plate thickness which is ideal for medium discharge performance and durations
||30 min. to 3 hr.
or mixed loads
|Switchgear protection, UPS, emergency lighting, instrumentation and process control