EXP-2600 Digital Hydrometer
Handheld Battery Hydrometer with Battery Vault Recording App
Delivering and Recording the World’s Fastest Specific Gravity Reading
The EXP-2600 Hydrometer brings increased efficiency and safety to the battery testing experience. The EXP-2600’s patented technology measures the temperature and refractive index of scattered light in the test liquid, evaluates it and returns a reading nearly instantly. It delivers the world’s fastest specific gravity reading, without having to remove liquid from the battery.
When paired with Exponential Power’s Battery Vault App, the EXP-2600 can also capture all readings and automatically generate an inspection report summary.
The EXP-2600 Hydrometer is a significant advancement compared to traditional hydrometers that use a tube to sample battery electrolyte. Tube-style hydrometers present the unwanted possibility of moving contaminates from one battery or cell to another, and they carry the higher safety risk of sulfuric acid exposure. The EXP-2600 Hydrometer features a solid refractometry sensor with a built-in thermistor, thus no electrolyte is removed from the battery or brought into the device.
The EXP-2600 is 80 percent more efficient than leading competitors. The handheld tool is ergonomically sculpted with tactile buttons, making it easy to rapidly test multiple batteries in succession, and its physical dimensions allow for access to all flooded battery types. It reads specific gravity in a range from 1 to 1.4 and is accurate to three decimal points + or - .002. Readings are instantly displayed by inserting the sensor directly into the battery electrolyte. Its built-in zero adjust feature reduces calibration requirements and when needed, the EXP-2600 is easily calibrated in distilled water.
The new EXP-2600 Hydrometer has a rechargeable lithium battery and features a magnetic charger. The measuring cells are replaceable, allowing the hydrometer to be easily serviced as well.
The EXP-2600 provides additional value via integration with the Exponential Power-developed Battery Vault App. The app is the world’s largest repository of lead acid battery data, providing customers with real-time analysis and tools for forecasting budgeting, maintenance and service. When paired with the EXP-2600, the Battery Vault App captures all readings and generates a report summary with instant feedback on Android and iOS devices.
- Eliminates manual report generation, increasing efficiency by up to 60%.
- Electrolyte measured inside battery: increased safety with less likely exposure to battery acid.
- Instantaneous readings with 3 decimal accuracy.
- 80% or more efficient than leading competitors. Makes it easy to rapidly test multiple batteries in succession.
- 3-in-1 product, Hydrometer, Voltmeter, Flashlight.
- Physical dimensions allow for access to all flooded battery types.
- Easily calibrate with distilled or de-ionized water.
- Complete Bluetooth and app integration eliminates software, drivers, printers and updates.
- Rechargeable lithium battery.
- Built-in flashlight for cell inspection.
- Lightweight, ergonomic design.
- Intuitive button and menu structure.
- Replaceable sensor assembly for cost effective repair/replacement.
- Specific gravity, temperature, and voltage displayed in large numbers on LCD screen for easy visibility.
- Voltage measured and recorded to 6 decimal places and displayed to 2 decimal places.
- Rugged, durable protective case.
- Patented technology.
- Captures all readings and automatically generates an inspection report summary.
- Delivers instant feedback on Android or iOS device
- Complete your inspection report with photos, and open field feedback.
- Store an incomplete inspection and resume when ready
- Automatically upload reviewed report to Battery Vault Cloud Storage for permanent archiving.
- End user, service tech, service manager and sales all have instant feedback on battery inspection and can take immediate action.
- Offers guided and un-guided workflows, including guided instructions for entire preventive maintenance measurement and upload.
- Error correction to overwrite a bad or missed reading.
- Automatic temperature compensation of specific gravity.
- Trended data over time for compliance purposes.
- Predictive analytics based on trended and real-time data available to decision makers.
- Over-the-air firmware updates keep app current.
- Access to world’s largest battery repository.
|Calibration||Distilled or de-ionized water|
|S.G. Range||1.000 - 1.400|
|DC Volt Range||0V to 100V; can withstand 300V|
|Temperature||Measuring: ±1° C @ 0 to 51° C (1.8° F @ 0 to 125° F)|
|Method of Detection||Specific gravity; light refraction method|
|Accuracy & Resolution||Specific gravity: ±0.002 @ 5 to 51° C (40 to 125° F)|
|Power Supply(s)||3.7V rechargeable lithium battery|
|Measuring Tube||7” L x 1/8” diameter|
|Dimensions||2.75” D x 1.75” W x 13.25” H; 10.75 oz.|