Delivering reliable, safe power solutions to our customers around the clock, every day, is at the core of what we do. Our aim is to provide the reliable products and services that you count on, in good times, and in challenging times.
In keeping this commitment, your safety and the safety of our team members will always be our top priority. As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation develops, we are continually adapting our practices to provide a safe environment and uninterrupted support.
We have communicated with our staff that in order to minimize exposure to the virus, that all employees who can work from their homes, do so for the next 30 days. Those whose jobs require that they be in our facilities are being protected by fewer employees in the building and increased sanitation measures.
Should anyone experience symptoms of illness, they have been instructed to stay home.
Should any employee know that they have been in contact with an infected person, they are to contact their manager and stay isolated in their home. Should an employee test positive, they are instructed to stay home and self-isolate for 14 days.
All air travel is currently banned so that we can keep our employees out of situations involving large crowds.
Sales, Customer Support and Delivery
Our Customer Support and Delivery teams will continue to maintain our high standards for customer care and product/service delivery.
Sales employees are using FaceTime and video/teleconferencing to address customer needs when not able to be at a customer location.
For now, our Service Technicians will continue to travel to customer facilities for issues that cannot be addressed over the phone or video call. We will continue all preventative maintenance as scheduled.
Technicians visiting your facility will adopt any precautions and requirements instituted by your organization. Our field personnel have received additional reinforcement of the recommendations to practice social distancing, respiratory etiquette and good personal hygiene practices.
If necessary, we will deploy service technicians from one location to another. This reflects our level of commitment to providing uninterrupted customer service.
- Tradeshows: The IEEE PES T&D show in Chicago has been postponed until October. We will keep you informed regarding our participation in other tradeshows and conferences in the future.
- Customer Appreciation Events: Unfortunately, we have canceled the crawfish boil customer appreciation events scheduled in Houston, TX, and Mandeville, LA. We hope to reschedule them within the season, if possible.
- Battery Academy: In-person training seminars will be offered via WebEx for the near future. Changes and adjustments to the schedule will be shared as they become available.
Hygiene Best Practices
We have asked all employees to adopt hygiene best practices:
- Any employee who feels ill is required to stay at home and recuperate.
- Follow the CDC guideline for washing hands: scrub for a minimum of 20 seconds with adequate soap and water (the equivalent of reciting the ABCs twice).
- Try to maintain a buffer zone of 6 feet whenever possible to prevent person-to-person transmission.
- Avoid shaking hands to reduce the possible transmission of viruses/bacteria.
- Avoid touching your face.
These practices will be revisited and updated as conditions change.
Thank you for your understanding. As always, we are standing by to help you with your needs. Please feel free to call or e-mail us with any questions or concerns at 1-800-554-2243 or Info@exponentialpower.com
Stay safe and healthy!